- Ensure that students, in addition to mastering scientific theories, acquire a good knowledge and mastery of the methods most used in their area of specialization (one of the specific didactics of Science and Technology).
- To familiarize the student with the research work, instruments and methods most used in his field of specialization (one of the specific Didactics of Science and Technology) and with the work done by research teams in the field of Science and Technology Didactics.
- Develop the ability to identify the essential elements of a complex process or situation, which will allow you to approach the object of study in your area of expertise.
- To develop capacities and competences of scientific and / or technological production in the scope of Didactics of Sciences and Technology.
- Weekly Schedule: Friday and Saturday
- Academic Calendar: September to June
6 Semesters (article 3 DL-74/2006)
Possibility of progression in the teaching career for groups 230, 240, 500, 510, 520, 530, 550, according to Portaria nº 344/2008 of April 30.
A doctorate in Science and Technology Didactics is able to identify the essential elements of an educational process (in a formal or informal context), which will allow him to approach the object of study in his area of expertise to:
- To develop research and scientific production;
- Leading formative and / or investigative processes;
- Promote technological, social or cultural advances in a knowledge-based society;
- Design and implement innovation in an autonomous way and describe, analyze and critically evaluate its impact on society.
About the School
A Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, sedeada em Vila Real, mais conhecida por UTAD, é uma instituição orientada para a criação, transmissão e difusão da cultura, do saber e da ciência. Situa ... Read More