Characteristics of the Studies
The content of doctoral studies focuses mostly on the increase of participation of people with disabilities in society as well as the improvement of the quality of their lives. Special attention is given to social aspects.
The Ph.D. Study Program offers education in a wide spectrum of special-education disciplines. Students of the program are prepared to develop the scientific discipline of special education in the above mentioned new perspective and to solve up-to-date problems related to the quality of life of people with disabilities.
Individual courses also cover topical aspects of special education in the international context.
Research activities should preferably cover:
- Early age including special educational diagnostics and intervention;
- Family with a disabled child and its position in society;
- Social, cultural and occupational integration of people with disabilities, including the integration of pupils and students with special needs into the mainstream basic schools;
- Development of special educational and social rehabilitation methods, techniques and procedures;
- Changes in the approach of the general public to people with disabilities;
- Development of the system of special education, its main structural parts, including the development of the theory of life quality of people with disabilities.
Description of verification and evaluation criteria
Discussion about the research project proposal. The research project must be sent together with the application to the Department of Science, Faculty of Education, Charles University. The project (including bibliography) of up to 10 pages on the candidate's selected specialized topic should include the characteristics of the research problem, the basic idea of the goals and structure of the issue and the methods used in theoretical research and professional literature.
Evaluation Criteria: The applicant can get a maximum of ten points, the number of points for the admission to study is getting at least seven points.
Conditions for admission
Admission to Doctoral studies is conditioned by the successful completion of a Master's study program.
|Confirmation date (of entrance exam)
||from: 14.06.2019 until: 14.06.2019
|Alternative date (of entrance exam)
||from: 09.07.2019 until: 09.07.2019
The graduate of the doctoral study program "Special Education" is equipped with theoretical knowledge and research skills in the area of special education. The graduate is prepared to work in the area of scientific research and participate in the education of university students. His/her professional career is possible at universities and similar institutions, in scientific-research institutes and in leading positions of applicable authorities.