The Tourism Management Ph.D. is a rigorous, comprehensive and flexible program of formal research with endless specialization fields. As a multidisciplinary field of research tourism opens a window of opportunities for you to research and develop your skills. Topics of research interests of this Ph.D. include, but are not limited to:
- Hospitality Management and Operations,
- Marketing and Innovation in Hospitality and Tourism,
- Tourism and Urban Worlds,
- Anthropological Perspectives in Hospitality and Tourism,
- Economics and Planning Development in Tourism.
- To develop the ability to pursue rigorous research and makes an original contribution to knowledge and practitioners;
- To ensure the very best learning experience in a vibrant academic environment where national and international networks support candidates’ growth
- To nurture a cohort of high-quality students to become world-class business researchers and scholars for academic positions in reputable business schools or for research positions in business or government organizations.
- To develop deep and systematic insights on tourism and hospitality topical issues;
- To ensure the design and implementation of sound research plans according to ethical and methodological norms;
- To develop abilities to criticize and improve research in Tourism and Hospitality
- To create an awareness of the best research practices worldwide
- To develop international and national networks
Why Tourism Management at ISCTE-IUL & Universidade Europeia?
- Funding for scholarships opportunities inspiring full-time students to be part of our vibrant research community;
- An academic year with a flexible timetable motivating executives and members of tourism organizations to grow professionally, and to contribute towards this sector’s best practices within an action-based research program;
- A Ph.D. organized by articles that opens a myriad of opportunities for publications in high ranking journals, for academics willing to progress in their posts.
- A faculty team with strong academic qualifications, distinguished teaching skills, profound industry experience and of international repute will guide Ph.D. students.
- A tailored made program and a one-to-one supervision where the empathy and freedom of choosing supervisors are respected.
- Participation in international seminars and conferences.
- Classes with teachers from various international schools, from New Zealand to South America.
- Participation in research projects with researchers from universities in Europe and America.
- Exchange programs with research centers in Europe.
- Content from Laureate Schools of Excellence.
- The possibility of working on 'action research' thesis oriented to people who want to continue their career in business.
- Agreements with multinational companies to work on Ph.D. theses in a business context in Portugal and abroad.
- Courses that combine fundamental and applied research - combining teaching career with consulting projects.
Program taught in:
See 1 more programs offered by Universidade Europeia »
This course is