Ph.D. on Urban Development and Governance
As a combination of urban management and governance, this Ph.D. program provides a unique academic experience that is highly relevant to today’s world.
What will I learn?
The Ph.D. program focuses on creating an academic-to-practice environment which will prepare students to be experts in their field. While students are required to be at IHS for three months a year during which they will form the base of their skills and knowledge, they are also allowed to conduct research elsewhere for the rest of the year.
What can I look forward to in this program?
- A custom-made list of courses to choose from, designed to accompany through the stages of their Ph.D. and line up with their focuses
- Working with internationally-renowned experts in their field
- Working on real-life cases
- Making professional connections all over the world
- A flexible working environment
How will I learn?
In order to create a multidisciplinary environment, the program is divided into the following six clusters:
- Green Cities and Infrastructure
- Urban Housing, Equity and Social Justice
- Urban Environment, Sustainability, and Climate Change
- Urban Strategies and Planning
- Urban Land Governance
- Urban Competitiveness and Resilience
Researchers from the different clusters collaborate together in order to create a dynamic and cooperative environment.
Students will also be able to participate in workshops and conferences to both expand their knowledge and present their work.
What can I expect at the end of my studies?
- A doctoral degree from a top 100 university
- To be a qualified job candidate for a growing field in cities all over the world
- Confidence in your skills and knowledge and your capacity to work as an expert in your field!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 14, 2018