Whether you seek a deeper understanding of your profession or simply a new personal challenge, our DBA gives you the platform to expand your knowledge and make a difference to international business practice.
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is designed to cultivate the leadership necessary to tackle the challenges of senior management on an international level. A doctoral degree with managerial relevance allows top managers to deepen their expertise, contribute to the knowledge of their profession, and prepare themselves for the complex analyses and decision-making required of senior management. The program emphasizes an understanding of management as a system; understood as it operates across organizations, sectors, and cultures.
Drawing on your contacts, resources and expertise gained in senior management, you will focus your research on solving a real and important problem within your profession. The results of your work will benefit the wider business community, raise your profile and take your career potential to new heights.
Our DBA is flexible, allowing you to earn a high-level business qualification without pausing your career. It is self-paced, giving you up to six years to complete the requirements. And by combining in-person courses in our international locations with online e-learning, you have the freedom to study wherever your career and lifestyle take you.
Candidates come from diverse professional backgrounds, from successful entrepreneurs to CEOs, to diplomats, consultants and a variety of other professions. DBA candidates join this program to deepen their expertise, collaborate and network with their peers and faculty members, and prepare for the complex analyses and decision-making required of senior management.
- Hold a bachelors degree or equivalent from an accredited undergraduate institution and completion of a masters level program
- Average of eight years of senior management experience, steady career progression with increasing professional responsibilities
- A strong grasp of written and spoken English is required
ISM’s presence across the globe lends a valuable global outlook to your studies. Our Paris and New York locations allow you to work towards your DBA in two of the world’s most influential business centers. Our programs in Cape Town, New Delhi, São Paulo, and Shanghai, meanwhile, give you unrivaled insight into business cultures and practices in key emerging markets.
- The flexibility of the program at ISM allowed me to use my time efficiently balancing between work commitments and advancing my education. -- Rayan AbdulJabbar
- The program at ISM is a perfect confluence of high-quality education and flexibility that helps working professionals and executives learn and grow in their careers and lives. -- Hashiru Aminu Idris
- Communication between students and teachers is very open and easy. The culture at ISM facilitates success by motivating students while providing the individual support they may need. -- Lauren Wooden
Where Our Alumni Work
- Estée Lauder
- Columbia University
- The King's College
- Lagos Business School
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Mississippi University for Women
- Gerson Lehrman Group
- Hemon Consulting Limited
- World Health Organization
- Wenzhou-Kean University
- University of Windsor
- IESEG School of Management
About the School
Headquartered in Paris, and with partner institutions in New York, Shanghai, New Delhi, São Paulo and Cape Town, ISM gives students the global perspective they need to thrive as business leaders. Read ... Read More