The Doctorate in Educational Leadership for Social Justice
The Doctorate in Educational Leadership for Social Justice is an innovative 3-year program whose vision is a better and more socially just future for PK-12 schools and other educational and community settings. Our Ed.D. program is designed to provide experienced educators and community leaders with the tools, theories, and experiences needed to succeed in transforming educational settings into inclusive and equitable learning environments. Combining theory with practice, the curriculum provides candidates with a better understanding of the complex issues impacting education and student achievement, and prepares graduates as change agents.
Building a Community of Leaders for Social Justice Since 2004
This year we celebrate 10 years of education, growth, and research that have come out of the LMU School of Education Doctoral Programin Educational Leadership for Social Justice. Our alumni are making an impact across Los Angeles, the U.S. and abroad. Our Ed.D. is unique among Southern California education doctorates in several ways. We offer:
- A curriculum with social justice at the core.
- An integrated approach to theory and practice that allows educators to apply their knowledge.
- A 1:1 dissertation chair to student ratio to ensure directed and timely faculty support.
- A focus on public, Catholic, private, and charter education.
- A schedule designed for working professionals with classes offered in the evenings.
- An alumni network that includes superintendents, principals, policymakers, non-profit and community leaders.
To learn more about the unique benefits of our Ed.D., attend an information session.
Our Ed.D. is “scaffolded” to ensure that students complete the entire program, including the doctoral dissertation, in three years.
In addition, LMU is the only doctoral program in Southern California designed to cover the full educational spectrum providing a tailored, comprehensive preparation to help students succeed. Candidates can personalize their program and explore specialized topics in PK-12 public, Catholic, private, and charter education as well as higher education, non-profit and community-based education.
This school offers programs in: