Ph.D. in Project Management
Alma Mater Europea
EUR 8,600 / per year
Earliest start date
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
The Alma Mater Europaea Ph.D. in Project Management (PM) program focuses on project, program, and portfolio management, catering to professionals and researchers seeking to enhance their creative leadership skills. The program is designed for managers, executives, public agency staff, consultants, academics, entrepreneurs, and young professionals who aspire to further develop their professional abilities. It equips students with strategic thinking and action capabilities, enabling them to make valuable contributions to their field and the environment. Recognized by the EU and acknowledged globally, the program at Alma Mater offers the opportunity to collaborate with esteemed scholars, leading academics, and practitioners, engaging in profound discussions on the intricacies of project management. By pursuing this education and conducting research, you will directly contribute to strategic thinking and action in the realm of projects. In addition to acquiring comprehensive competencies in project, program, and portfolio management, students can choose to specialize in various areas such as risk management, mega-project management, objectification, project teamwork, and time and cost management.
"One of the best project management doctoral programs"
Led by former IPMA president professor Mladen Radujković and taught by leading project management scholars from Danish, German, Austrian, and other universities, our Ph.D. program is widely recognized as one of the best of its kind. You will acquire the knowledge and develop leadership skills and a global professional network. You conduct & publish cutting-edge research in a tailor-made doctoral program and have support to achieve your professional goals, no matter how ambitious they may be. Be part of a legacy. Join the ranks of our esteemed alumni who are high-end managers, impactful consultants, multi-million dollar project managers, academics, and change-makers in organizations worldwide.
- A three-year Ph.D. program starts in October 2023
- Tailored for those who work
- Study in any time zone
- Online + three in-person sessions in Online, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Croatia
- Fully accredited and globally recognized Ph.D. degree
How are the courses organized?
The study program spans 36 months, but there is potential to complete it sooner. It consists of six semesters, each lasting four months. The courses are conducted in a hybrid format, combining in-class and online components.
- In the first year, the program includes both courses and individual seminars, following a blended approach with in-class and online sessions. A detailed schedule of lessons is provided at the start of the academic year.
- In the second and third years, the focus shifts to individual work under the guidance of a thesis supervisor. This includes engaging in research workshops, conducting case studies, publishing papers, and attending events.
- In-class lectures are live-streamed and recorded for convenience.
The first year of the program includes six courses and two seminars. In the subsequent years, the focus shifts towards individual work, specifically the development of a thesis proposal, conducting research, and defending the thesis.