Doctoral Program in Islamic Studies American International Theism University
Definition of the program and its goal
International conflicts, especially those that stem from the clash of civilizations, are due to the ideology or way of thinking that controls the minds of the decision-makers who imagine that the world should proceed within the framework of the clash of civilizations.
On the basis of saying that Islamic law is a valid law that is applicable to every time and place, and that Islam does not oppose developments and innovations in various areas of life, whether intellectual, cultural, social or other areas, so there was a need for a new religious discourse that discusses many contemporary intellectual issues And the current developments in accordance with the provisions and principles of Islamic law. What is required is the creation of a new heritage that can be criticized and evaluated.
Hence, the idea of this program, which differs from other traditional programs for Islamic studies, arose through the interest in the applied and practical programs that are relied upon in the study, without being satisfied with the theoretical and traditional aspect that is recognized, and these applied programs that can be relied upon in the study of this program Below :-
- Conducting exploratory discussions, by posing the problem and questions and answering them.
- Collecting and analyzing data related to a group of individuals.
- Study quantitative and qualitative data related to many factors such as institutions and individuals.
- Assigning researchers to conduct assignments and research using modern technology.
- Assigning researchers to prepare written reports on many issues related to the study.
- Test samples for research to obtain results that can be applied in the process of community improvement and development.
- Examining many examples and evidences from the facts mentioned in the Holy Qur’an, and the applications received from the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him and the Companions, may God be pleased with them.
- Dialogue and discussion.
- Conduct free group discussions.
- Studying phenomena in their natural conditions, and conducting research and applied studies on them.
- Display research models for simulation and criticism.
- Application of principles in solving everyday and actual problems.
- Cognitive discovery.
- Analyzing intellectual texts related to contemporary issues, and training in their criticism.
- Conducting descriptive studies.
- A detailed, in-depth description of the cases under study.
- Assigning several field visits and conducting reports on them
- Summarize and analyze information and display it with projectors.
This program also differs from other traditional programs, through many goals that it contributes to achieving, which are: -
- Developing your career by achieving a balance between academic knowledge and realistic experiences that allow you to be advanced and sophisticated in your field of work, in addition to developing social and personal responsibility.
- Promote values and ethics in the light of Islamic law, and study Sharia and Islamic sciences and studies.
- Giving the researcher a comprehensive picture of the teachings of Islam that relate to the Islamic system and its approach to tolerance, freedom, mercy, and recognition of human rights, in light of the rooting adopted from the Qur’an and Sunnah.
- Study the most important Islamic moral values that affect the life of the individual and society, which determine the type of interaction with others, gain a good example, and instill love in the souls of others.
- Knowing the truth about Islam and the spirit of Islamic culture and civilization, so that researchers can apply the principles and rules of Islamic law in various fields of social, cultural, political and economic life.
- Providing researchers with various Islamic legal values, and enhancing the values of all the particles of Sharia, through applications that work on linking what is mentioned in Islamic law and different areas of life.
After completing the doctoral program, it is possible to work in many of the following fields: -
- Religious and legal advisor in research and international bodies and agencies spread all over the world.
- A member of the teaching staff in institutes and universities
- Work in the field of educational and religious media.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Islamic community.
- Diplomat in embassies and national institutions of the state.
- Scholarship to work in international Islamic and cultural centers.
- Preparing cultural and religious programs in the field of media at its various levels.
- Editorial and linguistic review in newspapers and various media.
- Teacher and educational supervisor in bodies and universities.
- Work in public speaking and preaching.
- A good community member who contributes to the development and building of society.
- Work in the fields of arbitration in many international centers and institutions.
- An employee and supervisor in international bodies and institutions.
- Member of an advisory board in refereed scientific journals.
- Members and technicians of the Islamic Research Academy.
- Sharia researcher in Dar Al Ifta and Fatwa Committees
- Research and linguistic scrutiny in universities and research and scientific centers
The program includes 10 semesters in addition to the doctoral thesis. These semesters are studied through constant communication between the researcher and the faculty member through all available means of communication, and these materials are as follows: -
1- Human rights in Islamic law and international agreements
(Recognition of human rights by the Islamic religion)
This article deals with the research on the extent to which Islamic law recognizes human rights, as the Qur’an texts and the noble Prophet’s hadiths illustrate the importance of preserving human life in general, and the study of this article is summarized in reaching through exploratory research discussions, and studying many cases related to this study to what Follows: -
- Devising the rights of both Muslims and others in the Muslim community, the spouses and children, as well as those with special needs, through the texts contained in the Noble Qur’an and the noble Prophet’s Sunnah.
- Studying the characteristics and features that characterize human rights in Islam, in terms of being divine rights, the purpose and goal of which is the satisfaction of God Almighty, and human rights, in addition to being comprehensive rights for all areas of human life, permanent and permanent that does not accept change, as well as being guaranteed rights. Within the framework of Islamic law, and innate moral rights to achieve human dignity.
- He dealt with many rights and freedoms for Muslims and others, including the right to life, freedom and equality, justice, the right to religious freedom, the right to work, the right to participate in public life, the right to dignity, security, and privacy, as well as freedom of assembly, family rights and so on. This is one of the basic rights and freedoms in light of the provisions of Islamic law, and the evidence contained in the Holy Quran and the Sunnah.
2- International relations in Islam (peace is the basis of international relations)
The study of this subject relies on conducting many free group discussions and many applied programs regarding international relations in Islam and the relationship between Muslims and others, in order to reach through this study the following: -
- Devising many rules that govern the relationship between Muslims and others.
- It is forbidden by blood, protection of honor and property. Islam has guaranteed non-Muslims in society their security for themselves, their money and their honor, and it has emphasized the punishment of those who violate their blood or expose them to harm, and the hadiths reported on the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, are numerous in this regard.
- Address the correct understanding of the teachings of Islam, as Islam is innocent of criminal behavior and terrorist groups that claim to belong to Islam, and it permits attacks on non-Muslims.
- Referring to the individual’s bond with others and his state in Islam. The foundations of belonging to Islam are his brotherhood, which does not know discrimination because of the homeland or anything else.
3- The approach of Islamic law in combating crime (the role of Islamic law in crime prevention)
This course deals with Islam’s approach to combating crime, which is considered a unique, integrated approach that takes into account the nature of human beings and their characteristics, through the rules and provisions in which people are preserved for their security, rights and freedoms, and the study of this article is summarized in the following axes: -
- Collecting and analyzing data related to explaining the causes of crimes, and methods of eliminating them.
- Focusing on clarifying the preventive aspect, in addition to the remedial aspect, in eliminating the causes of crimes.
- Presenting research models related to many crimes, and explaining the approach of Islamic law in combating them.
- Conducting exploratory discussions aimed at reaching conclusions that address the causes of crimes related to the preservation of soul, religion, reason and honor.
- Enjoining good and forbidding evil, cooperating in righteousness and piety, as well as providing patience, truth and mercy, as each of them has close contact with society and its being.
- Researching the methods and rules of social solidarity and cooperation among members of society in order to bring goodness and prevent evil, and to be keen on the unity of society. The Noble Qur’an has targeted the emergence of a strong Islamic society of solidarity, united in the noble and righteous goals, by which its dignity, strength and happiness are achieved.
4- The principle of shura in light of the Qur’an and Sunnah (Shura and democracy in Islamic thought)
This article deals with the principle of shura in Islamic law, in order to reach, through practical and theoretical study of it, the following points:
- Developing the thinking skills of the individual and society and describing the methods and factors of his success.
- Reaching, by following the Shura methodology, the best opinions and solutions in contemporary problems and issues that contribute to the process of building and advancing society.
- It dealt with a principle of principles and one of the principles of Islamic law, which is the principle of shura, which consists in proposing a general issue regarding which no decisive text is mentioned in the Qur’an and Sunnah, for discussion and exchange of views, and showing the best results after the convergence of different opinions in light of the provisions of Islamic law.
- Examples are given by explaining the facts of the shura contained in the Holy Qur’an, and the applications mentioned in the era of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, and the Companions, may God be pleased with them.
5- The economic system in Islam (Foundations of Islamic economics in the Holy Quran)
The study of this subject relies on conducting many free group discussions and many applied programs in relation to the foundations and principles of economics in light of the provisions of Islamic law, in order to reach through this study the following: -
- The concept of Islamic economics, and defining the basic principles and rules for it
- Sharia rules and Islamic values that deal with the special elements of the economic problem.
- Sharia and contractual assets and the process of economic analysis through the collection of data, information and statistics.
- Spending controls in the Islamic economy
- Identifying issues related to satisfying needs between positivist and Islamic thought.
6- The role of Islamic law in combating electronic terrorism
(Intellectual terrorism and its treatment in the light of the Holy Quran)
Terrorism has become a global phenomenon, as terrorist organizations and groups, due to their criminal gravity, employ their energy to take advantage of the communicative nature of the information network in their terrorist operations by broadcasting their goals and beliefs, and carrying out some practices that threaten the security of countries using social media and modern technology. Many extremist groups have resorted to acts of intimidation, aggression and moral or material threat, through the use of electronic means with the aim of attacking states or individuals, and the study of this article deals with many axes of combating intellectual and electronic terrorism by researching the following points: -
- The concept of terrorism in general and electronic terrorism committed using information technology means in particular.
- Collect reports and data and conduct discussions to find out the political, economic, social, technological and religious reasons that lead to the spread of the phenomenon of electronic terrorism, and work to combat it in light of the aims and objectives of Islamic law.
- Commissioning research and studies and clarifying perceptions and suggestions to solve the problems facing society, which are one of the causes of the spread of this phenomenon.
- Conducting many studies, statistics and international reports that refer to studying the current situation of the phenomenon of electronic and intellectual terrorism, conducting group discussions and asking questions and solutions that address the most important aspects related to this phenomenon, to work on combating it and testing samples and studies for many cases under study.
7- The principle of equality in light of the provisions of Islamic law (foundations of equality in administration and justice)
This course deals with the principle of equality in Islamic law, and its applications in all fields from which the judiciary and administration are prepared to reach, through practical and theoretical study of it, the following points: -
- The principle of equality is a general and comprehensive principle, not only limited to the relationship between a Muslim and his Muslim brother, as it includes Muslims and others
- The main foundations and principles of equality between a Muslim and a non-Muslim in the judiciary
- The Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, declared and affirmed the need to observe the principle of equality and not to distinguish between people or to differentiate between them in color or race.
- Equality in rights and duties and equality before the law, between Muslims and others, for all those in the state do not discriminate between them in rights and duties.
- Applications and examples of this from the actions of the Messenger, may God bless him and grant him peace and the Companions, may God be pleased with them.
8- The role of Islamic law in combating economic violence against women (financial rights and Islam's honor for women)
This article deals with the phenomenon of economic violence against women, by conducting many applied and research studies to discuss the most important aspects related to combating this phenomenon, as the study of this article is summarized in the following axes: -
- The concept of the phenomenon of economic violence against women, and the search for the causes of this phenomenon, and methods of combating it.
- Economic rights of women in light of the provisions of Islamic law
- The nature of the rights arising from the marriage contract, and the man’s financial responsibilities towards the wife, in light of the provisions of Islamic law, as it is evident that Islamic law has dealt with violence against women and found radical solutions to eliminate economic violence against women.
- The woman's right to the dowry, which is money that the wife is legally obligated to her husband, which indicates Islam's honor for her.
- The obligation of the wife to spend on the husband, maintenance is one of the financial rights of the woman, which is stipulated in the Holy Qur’an, just as Islamic Sharia obliges the husband to spend on his wife, by providing her with what she needs to establish a decent life, such as housing, food, clothing and so on.
- Research in aspects related to alimony in general
- The foundations on which the inheritance system was based, and combating economic violence against women.
- The purpose of determining the inheritance of the spouses from each other
9- Ethics and values in Islamic culture (educational values in the Prophet’s Sunnah)
This course deals with the ethics and values in Islamic culture, in terms of explaining the concept of Islam and its characteristics that distinguish it from stability, universality and flexibility, in order to reach, through practical and theoretical study of it, many axes that work on the development and building of society, and these axes are as follows: -
- Commitment to Islamic values and their importance and effects on the individual, society and humanity.
- Encouraging the righteous morals that a Muslim must display in terms of honesty, modesty, chastity, honesty, fulfilling the covenant, and urging the piety of God, and other qualities that the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, have characterized, create with them and call for them, with the aim of establishing a strong solidarity community. United in generous and righteous ends.
- Models and applications that indicate the mercy of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, by urging the connection of kinship and charity, and referring to the righteousness of parents and kindness to them, as God Almighty has linked the command to kindness to parents by worshiping and unifying him, as many hadeeths reported on the Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him. The noble Prophet, which refers to honesty and kindness to parents, in addition to compassion and compassion for animals.
10- Methods and methods of research
The study of this material depends on explaining the concept of research, and identifying its methods, with the aim of understanding the basics of research, and knowing the research papers and proposals.
Duration of study
This program is studied through 10 semesters, a total of 68 hours, with 6 credit hours for each subject, studied in 6 weeks, in addition to the thesis that includes research papers and proposals, and is completed within 8 accredited hours, and a study can be completed This program will take place within one year, according to the student’s ability to comprehend and comprehend, which enables him to pass this program during this period.
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree, bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Obtain a master's degree
How to register
- Sending the certificates obtained by the student and the requirements for registration to the registration office
- Registration for the first semester
- Pay the expenses