PhD in Sociology Corvinus University of Budapest
The Doctoral School of Sociology at the Corvinus University of Budapest aims to assist motivated students to carry out problem-oriented, theoretically grounded, and methodologically sound empirical social research.
- Tamás Bartus, professor, program director
- Zsuzsanna Elekes, professor
- Béla Janky, associate professor at BME (external member)
- György Lengyel, professor, head of the doctoral school
- Beáta Nagy, associate professor
- Zoltán Szántó, professor
- Judit Takács, senior research fellow (external member)
- Károly Takács, senior research fellow (external member)
- Róbert Tardos, senior research fellow (external member)
- István György Tóth, director of TÁRKI (external member)
- Balázs Vedres, professor at Oxford University (external member)
- Lilla Vicsek, associate professor
Information with regard to self-financing and scholarship:
The doctoral education program is full time and can be completed with state scholarship or through self-financing. The contents of the program are identical in both cases. All the students take part in the same courses, the only difference being in the form of financing. Students who are granted status with scholarship receive a state scholarship, the amount of which is HUF 140 680/month in semesters 1 to 4 and HUF 180 680/month in semesters 5 to 8. The relevant amounts are transferred to the student’s bank account by the University.