Hector Fellow Academy - Ph.D. in STEM Subjects
Hector Fellow Academy
EUR 9,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* as research funding every year at the student's disposal. (Ph.D. students are employed as research assistants for a period of three years.)
The aim of the Hector Fellow Academy is to promote young researchers in the Hector Fellows' environment. The HFA Ph.D. students are given the opportunity to benefit from the wealth of experience and the outstanding expertise of their supervisor while building up a research network.
Overview of usual DFG Funding rates for doctoral students per subject
Every year, several Ph.D. positions are funded by the HFA. Master graduates from all over the world can apply with a very good degree. Ambitious young scientists have the opportunity to do their Ph.D. with a self-developed research project in the working group of a Hector Fellow.
For this, an innovative, self-developed research topic has to be submitted, which the young scientist works on within the framework of the three-year doctoral phase at the institute of the supervising Hector Fellow. It must be included in the application which Hector Fellow qualifies as a supervisor for your research idea.
Outstanding Master's graduates can also apply for advertised Ph.D. positions of a Hector Fellow. By becoming a member of the Hector Fellow Academy, the young scientists become part of an interdisciplinary network of top researchers.
- Realize a self-developed research idea; OR
- Apply for an advertised position of a Hector Fellow Mentoring by an internationally renowned, top-level scientist;
- Funded position as a research assistant (depending upon DFG regulation) plus research funds;
- Membership in an excellent research network;
- Additional management courses, training & networking events.