Doctorate in Sciences in Chemistry
Instituto Tecnológico de Tijuana
Earliest start date
The Doctorate in Science in Chemistry is a research-oriented program and is the most important in the northwestern region of the country, since it is recognized nationally considering its infrastructure, productivity and quality of the studies carried out. This program contributes to the training of high-level researchers to participate in scientific and technological development, that generate, transmit and apply knowledge in an original and innovative way in the area of chemistry, and meet the scientific and technological needs demanded by the Country development
It began in the year of 1992 and its continuity has been possible thanks to the fact that there is a plant of professors of great recognition in the areas of Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Polymers and Electrochemistry.
100% of the academic plant has the degree of doctor, 94.12% belonging to the National System of Researchers (SNI), of which 11.76% have level III, 29.41% level II and 52.94% level I. 41.18% are members of SIN level III and level II. To date, a competitive infrastructure has been combined in the four lines of research and a solid academic plant.
Objectives and goals
To train high-level researchers who participate in scientific and technological development in the area of chemistry and related sciences, as well as in the generation, transmission and application of knowledge in an original and innovative way that can meet the scientific and technological needs demanded by the Country development
- Train human resources with high scientific and educational quality
- Establish programs of scientific collaboration and academic exchange with national and international institutions of the highest level
- Establish linkage programs with the regional industry of the area
- Strengthen program research groups to obtain greater productivity and international projection
- Consolidate the organic unit as an educational and research center in Chemistry of excellence and high performance
To train researchers capable of actively participating in the national scientific development, through the application of knowledge in an original and innovative way, managing to influence the scientific and technological development of the country.
The program recognizes the need to improve the communication skills, both written and verbal, of chemists and, in particular, of those who will work in the chemical industry sector because they will strengthen the link with higher education institutions and research. The professional participating in the program should be able to detect areas, issues and problems that need observation in order to propose research projects that provide viable solutions to improve the situation under study.
The graduate of the Doctorate in Sciences in Chemistry has a deep and integrative chemical knowledge of the scientific bases, of the concepts, methods, advances and techniques of his field of study. It also has the ability to propose, plan, identify, evaluate and execute original and independent research projects and develop and innovate in the field of chemical science and technology.
Use specialized sources of information in a critical way to extract information appropriate for your research work.
It updates and continues its training autonomously and develops its professional activity with an ethical and humanistic approach.
Punctuating, upon successful completion of the PhD program, the graduate is able to:
- Perform original research projects
- Plan and execute an investigation
- Join and / or lead research groups
- Efficiently transmit your knowledge
- Publish the results of your research in national and international journals
- Develop the ability to transfer technology to adapt it to the particular conditions of the country or industry
- Form high-level human resources