PhD in Informatics
Kaunas University of Technology
Earliest start date
01 Dec 2023
* per year
The research is carried out using mathematical models of analysed object or system, creating corresponding simulation algorithms and obtaining the results important for science and practice.
PhD students investigate the research fields of data analysis, signal and image analysis, simulation modelling, computational intelligence, physically-based behavior, development and analysis of general dynamic models, cryptography algorithms, systems formalization and high-level transformation of specifications, etc.
Some of the research fields can as also be categorized in the scientific field of Informatics Engineering, depending on the dominant aspect of the model’s implementation – mathematical model of a system or engineering-architectural aspect.
Study program modules
- Heuristic Algorithms
- Mathematical Models in Informatics
- Neural Netvworks and Neurocomputing
- Parallel and Distributed Calculations: Algorithms and Their Complexity Analysis
- Systems Analysis and Simulation
Core skills modules
- Academic and Technical Research Writing
- Design Thinking in Research
- Digital Support and Tools for Research Writing and Publication
- Research Data Management
- Research Ethics
- Research Project grant Management
- Science Communication for the Public
- Systematic Literature Review