PhD in Biological Sciences
USD 1,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* 2020-2021 academic year tuition. Note: you won’t know for sure how much Lehigh will cost you until you apply for financial aid and receive your financial aid notification
Research-oriented programs in Lehigh University’s Department of Biological Sciences are offered in four specific concentrations: Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Evolution and Behavior, and Neuroscience.
- Our faculty are highly collaborative, and students are encouraged to rotate through multiple labs.
- Our graduate students regularly present at national and international conferences and are authors of peer-reviewed publications.
- Our faculty are rising and established leaders in the field, with research labs funded by national agencies (NSF, NIH) and private foundations. Ph.D. candidates are provided with undergraduate teaching and mentoring opportunities.
- A graduate student seminar series is presented weekly during the academic year. Students who present their research receive valuable feedback on presentation skills and research direction.
Life After Lehigh
Recent graduates have secured research positions at prestigious academic institutions, such as Yale, Cornell, the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of North Carolina. Others are employed at pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, such as GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Johnson & Johnson, and Aventis.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.