PhD in Chemistry
USD 1,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* 2020-2021 academic year tuition. Note: you won’t know for sure how much Lehigh will cost you until you apply for financial aid and receive your financial aid notification
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
Chemistry -- Ph.D.
Research areas in Lehigh University’s Department of Chemistry include analytical, organic, inorganic, physical chemistry, and biochemistry.
The Department currently has 14 research-active faculty members with specialization areas in:
- bio interfacial chemistry
- chemical force microscopy
- drug delivery
- gas separations
- high-pressure chemistry
- lanthanide chemistry
- membranes, and Langmuir-Blodgett films
- membrane proteins
- multi-drug resistance
- nanoporous materials
- organometallic chemistry
- bioinorganic chemistry
- organofluorine chemistry
- polymer chemistry
- solid state chemistry
- surface chemistry of metals and semiconductors
- vibrational spectroscopy of nanostructured polymers
All students in good academic standing are fully supported by either teaching or research assistantships.
- Graduate students work closely and are mentored by their research advisor.
- Students have access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and perform federally-funded cutting-edge research
- Our students publish in top-notch scientific journals and present their work at national and international conferences.
- Graduate students develop teaching and research skills and are highly competitive in the academic and business job market.
Life After Lehigh
After graduation, many of our students do postdoctoral work at prestigious universities and institutes or take jobs in the industry performing research or additional work.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.