PhD in Psychology
USD 1,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* 2020-2021 academic year tuition. Note: you won’t know for sure how much Lehigh will cost you until you apply for financial aid and receive your financial aid notification
The Ph.D. in Psychology at Lehigh University is a research-intensive program in which students and faculty work collaboratively in areas of cognitive, developmental, and social psychology.
Our Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience focus include research on cognitive control, attention, memory, language, causal reasoning, and categorization. Our Social and Cognitive Development focus includes research on cognitive, perceptual, socio-emotional, cultural, and moral development, as well as the development of identity, language, and literacy. Our Social Cognition and Personality focus includes research on conscious and unconscious processes, prejudice and stereotyping, motivation, health behavior, stress, and social relationships.
- Our department is highly collaborative and students are encouraged to work in multiple labs.
- Our graduate students regularly present at national and international conferences and are authors on peer-reviewed publications.
- Our faculty are rising and established leaders in the field, with research labs funded by national agencies (NSF, NIH) and private foundations.
- Students are afforded multiple opportunities to gain teaching experience.
Recent graduates from our Ph.D. program have secured tenure-track faculty positions, postdoctoral research positions, as well as jobs in university administration and government agencies.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.