PhD in Psychology
Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
30 - 72 months
HKD 42,100 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* Deadline for application via HKPFS: 1 December 2021; Deadline for application to the University directly: 21 January 2022.
** tuition for the year 2022-2023 is under review.
The University offers 25 MPhil and PhD Programmes in Arts, Business, Social Sciences and Science disciplines. In addition to admission to our PhD in Psychology programme, the University also has popular research-based 2-year MPhil in Psychology programme.
To offer more diversified learning opportunities, especially for interdisciplinary research studies, the University has been actively seeking collaborative opportunities with overseas universities. In the 2021-22 academic year, the University has launched the "Double PhD Degree Programme in Economics" with Wuhan University (WHU), China and the "PhD Programmes with Joint Supervision" with Shenzhen University (SZU), China in the research areas related to International Relations and Development Studies. More collaborative programmes are currently in the pipeline. Details can be referred to www.LN.edu.hk/sgs/docs/pgrad/coll_prog.php.
Department of Applied Psychology
Teaching and research in the Department of Applied Psychology cover many exciting areas, including occupational health psychology, counselling psychology, applied social psychology, cross-cultural psychology, cognitive psychology, and human-computer interaction, etc. Members of staff have internationally recognised expertise in the areas of:
- Occupational health psychology (occupational stress, work-life balance, psychology of safety, job insecurity)
- Cross-cultural psychology
- Counselling psychology (anxiety, coping, and mental health)
- Applied social psychology
- Interpersonal communication
- Cognitive psychology
- Cognitive neuroscience (decision-making, perceptual processes, computational modeling)
- Social neuroscience