PhD Programmes Offering Joint Supervision with Shenzhen University, China in the research areas of International Relations and Development Studies
Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
HKD 84,200 / per year *
Earliest start date
* students under this collaboration will be admitted as a self-financed student - tuition for the year 2022-23 is under review.
To offer opportunities for interdisciplinary research studies, Lingnan University (LU) and Shenzhen University (SZU) have launched a collaboration on joint PhD supervision in the research areas of International Relations and Development Studies from the 2021 intake. Applicants considering for admission to PhD programmes with research areas related to International Relations and Development Studies may consider this joint supervision arrangement.
Under this joint supervision collaboration:
- Students will receive joint supervision from a Chief Supervisor from LU and a Co-supervisor from SZU throughout their 3-year studies. Both supervisors will closely supervise the students’ studies.
- SZU will waive the tuition fee of students for their 2nd year in SZU, and will offer an annual sum of $80,000 RMB studentship in the year. LU will offer full postgraduate studentships to students in the 1st and 3rd years.
- During the PhD studies under joint supervision, students should publish at least one high-quality academic paper with SZU as the affiliated institution/organisation of the first/corresponding author.
- Upon graduation, students will be conferred a PhD degree in the programmes enrolled in by LU.
Programmes Available for Joint Supervision with SZU
Applicants may choose to apply for any one of the PhD programmes currently on offer by LU. However, their research areas must be related to International Relations and Development Studies.