PhD in Chemical and Materials Engineering
National Central University
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of NCU is one of the leading institutions in engineering education and is reputed for its world-class accomplishments in research. The department offers a curriculum with a broad spectrum of courses, uniquely merging the core chemical engineering training with the fundamental knowledge of materials science/engineering and further strengthened with the in-depth studies on emerging research and industrial fields.
The research and teaching interests of our faculty members include: Biochemical & biomedical engineering, catalysis & reactor design, thermodynamics (chemical, solid-state, fluid-phase equilibrium), colloid & interface science, electrochemistry, packaging of electronic materials, novel material synthesis, polymer science & engineering, and soft matter physics & materials. Through close collaborations among our faculty members and conduction of cutting-edge researchers in the department, we bridge the interfaces among different disciplines and are in a better position to widen the horizon of our students and educate the interdisciplinary-minded engineers of the future.
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits: 18 credits (including Seminars for 2 semesters & Dissertation Research for 4 semesters)
Duration of Study: 2~7 years
Other requirements :
- Pass the oral exam of the dissertation defense
- Pass 4 of the 6 fundamental courses.
- Factors of the papers published in internationally recognized journals need to be at least 3 points in total;
- Publish at least one first-author paper in an internationally recognized journal (without concerning the authorship of the supervisor);
- Fulfill at least one of the English ability requirements in the following:
- a. Give an oral presentation(s) in at least one international conference;
- b. Pass the high-intermediate level for GEPT or score at least 750 for TOEIC.