Doctor of Education in
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership (EdD) Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology
- Terms: Fall
- Length: 3.5 years
- Location(s): West Los Angeles, Irvine
- Format: Evening
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership program prepares students to work in a wide variety of leadership roles and to transform organizations for optimal success and growth. This program is ideal for current leaders looking to expand their career paths and rising executives who would like to advance their academic and professional goals.
This cohort-based program employs the practitioner-scholar model of doctoral training in which academics, clinical training, and research are conjoined. Through rigorous coursework and experiential learning, students gain advanced knowledge in the theory and practice of leadership, learning, and policy. Required national and international trips are woven into the program, providing students with a global perspective on leadership and policy. This program culminates in a doctoral dissertation.
The prestigious doctoral program at the #46-ranked university in the US is committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values.
- Pepperdine's Graduate School of Education and Psychology generously offers $5,500,000 in scholarships every year, with the majority of students receiving some form of financial assistance.
- Recognized as #2 doctoral program with an emphasis on leadership and organizational development by Leadership Excellence And Development Awards for 2018
- No GRE or any other standardized tests required. We offer an equitable admission process that considers your ability and commitment to succeed rather than test scores.
- Two program formats: Traditional and Global Access (60 percent face-to-face/40 percent online).
- Global Access hybrid format is ideal for working professionals to take advantage of the best features of both face-to-face and online modalities. The online portion provides flexibility, while the classroom component offers an enhanced experience, a personalized/hands-on approach, relational interaction with peers, and increased quality of learning.
- Robust online modules feature engaging synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences.
- Face-to-Face classes are conveniently located on our West Los Angeles Graduate Campus, close to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), and just off the 405 freeway.
- Relevant and emerging field with strong projected employment growth and attractive earning potential.
- Nationally recognized faculty of scholar-practitioners with exemplary academic achievements, professional expertise, educational experience, and scholarly credentials.
- Cohort model designed to build upon leadership skills, peer support, and lifelong relationships with colleagues
- Small class sizes and a low faculty: student ratio provide a supportive learning environment, meaningful student-faculty interactions, and long-term professional and personal relationships.
- The extensive Pepperdine alumni network creates influential connections with more than 110,000 professionals.
- EDD 700 Leadership Theory and Practice (3)
- EDD 724 Ethical Leadership, Equity, Cultural Proficiency, and Social Justice (3)
- EDD 734 Inferential Statistics (3)
- EDD 753A Advocacy, Social Change, and Public Policy Development (3)
- EDD 753B National Policy Experience (1)
- EDD 754A Global Economics and Public Policy (3)
- EDD 754B Global Policy Experience (2)
- EDD 755 Virtual Learning and Collaboration (3)
- EDD 759 Law and Dispute Resolution (3)
- EDD 763 Learning Design, Cognition, and Evaluation (3)
- EDD 765 Organizational Change, Innovation, and Creativity (3)
- EDD 766 Quantitative Research Methods and Descriptive Statistics (3)
- EDD 767 Qualitative Research Design and Analysis (3)
- EDOL 714 Organizational Behavior, Theory, and Design (3)
- EDOL 757 Entrepreneurship (2)
- EDOL 764A Consultancy Project (1)
- EDOL 764B Consultancy Project (3)
- EDD 785 Advances in Theory and Practice (3)
Comprehensive Exam and Dissertation
- EDD 787 Comprehensive Examination Seminar (3)
- EDOL 791 Dissertation Research (until completion) (2)
- ED 792 Dissertation Completion* (1)
Scholarships and Funding
While limited scholarship and/or discount opportunities may be available, international students must demonstrate the ability to finance their education and expenses. Students seeking full scholarships are discouraged from inquiring or applying to GSEP programs
Program Tuition Fee
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.