PhD in Geoecology Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
The postgraduate program in geoecology includes research for solving environmental problems.
During the training, graduate students will study in detail:
- Innovative methods of water, air, soil purification.
- Modern technical means and methods of environmental monitoring of environmental quality.
- Waste disposal to clean up the technological circular economy.
- The main sources of soils, rocks, and groundwater, exceptions, and dangers of natural and techno-natural processes.
- Characterization, assessment of the state and management of natural and man-made landscapes.
- Development of scientific bases for the natural use and protection of water, air, land resources of the Earth, rehabilitation and reclamation of disturbed lands, resource conservation and disposal of production and consumption waste, their use as a result of construction, economic activities, and the operation of housing and communal services.
- Geoecological substantiation of the safety of shelter, storage, and disposal of pollution, emissions, and other wastes, including building structures and materials with contaminated radiation or chemical pollution.
Applicants who have education in related specialties - ecology, chemistry, biotechnology, environmental safety.
Potential graduate students should have knowledge in the field of ecology, chemistry, biology, engineering sciences. Must be purposeful, responsible, and love working in the laboratory.
- Innovative methods of geoecology.
- Modern methods of reducing the anthropogenic impact on the environment.
- Modern methods and means of control for ecological monitoring of the environment.
- Mathematical modeling of environmental control and purification processes.
- Geoinformation systems for environmental monitoring.
- Methodology of scientific research on solving environmental problems.