Doctorate in the sciences of the antropic areas Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes
The Doctoral Degree in Anthropic Sciences, is an interdepartmental and multidisciplinary program offered by the Center for Design and Construction Sciences, the Departments of Construction and Structures, Habitat Design, Geotechnics and Hydraulics, as well as Theory and Methods . This postgraduate course offers greater flexibility as a tutoring system, which strengthens research activities.
To train high level researchers from the humanist perspective with a strong social commitment and an active concern about the environment, focusing the researcher on the problems of the anthropic areas of specific regional contexts in a systemic and critical way in order to contribute to their sustainable development.
- To scientifically address the diagnostics and forecasts that support the environmental and territorial order, the design and the constructive-infrastructural development of the regional context.
- Generate new knowledge tending to solve the social needs of the anthropic areas in such a way that they respond to the demands of the productive sector and in favor of the environmental balance (see the section on Rationale).
- Contribute to generating knowledge that supports the development of the technical disciplines applicable to the regional issues listed at the beginning of this section.
- Contribute to the reduction of the technological dependence that the country suffers.
The PhD student will obtain knowledge :
- That will enable him to solve various social needs of the region;
- In theories and methodologies in the disciplines of origin (Architecture, Civil Engineering and Urbanism)
- The problem addressed under a systemic approach oriented to the sustainability of certain anthropic contexts.
- Different processes of the research work, which will serve as a tool to produce different types of publications.
The graduate will acquire the Skills :
- To conceptualize and substantiate the specific nature of anthropic interventions involving habitable spaces, territory and infrastructures based on acquired frontier knowledge.
- To carry out original, intra, inter and multidisciplinary research, focused on solving problems related to anthropic spaces in public or private research centers as well as in higher education institutions, eventually integrating technological development teams that implement appropriate solutions to the problems of the region.
- To join multidisciplinary teams.
- To form researchers and research groups.
- To participate in teaching activities at any level.
- To interact successfully within an environment of strong professional competence fostered by globalization.
- For the handling of documentary information (written, visual, graphic, and statistic) in the field, archives, libraries and in the network.
- Regarding the technical skill for the creative resolution of problems specific to the respective disciplines.
- To communicate in written and oral form fluently and articulated in a second language (preferably English).
- To structure and develop articles, scientific reports and presentations, as well as their visual representation (as the case may be). To handle tools appropriate to their area of specialization, such as: approaches, methods and techniques of problem solving, computer equipment and software.
The graduate will have Attitudes of type :
- Environmental responsibility.
- Opening to changes.
- Social sensitivity.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
- Comply with the established in the General Regulation of Teaching in force.
- The acceptance of a scientific article (in a magazine) as main author.
- Check attendance at 2 congresses and the presentation of at least one presentation at national or international congresses related to your area.
Once the student meets all the requirements and processes to obtain the corresponding degree, the Autonomous University of Aguascalientes will grant a title that will contain the name: Doctor of Science.