Doctoral Program In Information and Communication Technologies
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
3 - 5 years
Full time, Part time
EUR 390 *
Earliest start date
* price for non-resident non-community students is just approximate since then each academic rate is different. price for non-resident non-community students full-time academic | part-time academic - €234
The need for doctoral training of graduates in degrees related to Computer Engineering and Telecommunications is defended both in the academic and professional fields, where the need to continue researching and advancing in knowledge, techniques, and methods, and This doctoral training is the main way of training researchers.
The existence of a Doctoral Program in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) is relevant above all to respond to the needs of an information society that is advancing unstoppably on a global scale. Accordingly, the ICT Doctoral Program is convinced that specialization, updating, and diversification of training are encouraged, disseminated, and transferred to the rest of society.
The general objectives of this Doctoral Program of the Rey Juan Carlos University are the following, all of them in the field of ICT:
- Specialize postgraduates who are interested in their adequate professional, scientific, and technical development, and encourage their integration into research teams.
- Train doctoral students so that they can play an essential role in public or private R+D+i institutions so that they can lead the transfer of knowledge from the university to society.
- Have an adequate framework for the achievement and transmission of scientific advances by doctoral students and researchers.
- Promote the research training of new professors through the co-direction of doctoral theses.
- Consolidate existing research groups and encourage their integration into national and international, mono- and interdisciplinary research networks.
In short, this Doctoral Program at the Rey Juan Carlos University aims to train doctors endowed with a critical scientific spirit, capacity for research, and teamwork, through teaching organized into two areas, one general (technical and research methods, tools, and resources for the same) and another field of specialization typical of the different lines of specialization and research topics in ICT that are developed in it.
- Systematic understanding of a field of study and mastery of research skills and methods related to that field.
- Ability to conceive, design or create, put into practice, and adopt a substantial process of research or creation.
- Ability to contribute to expanding the frontiers of knowledge through original research.
- Ability to carry out a critical analysis and evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community and with society in general about their fields of knowledge in the modes and languages commonly used in their international scientific community.
- Ability to promote, in academic and professional contexts, scientific, technological, social, artistic, or cultural progress within a knowledge-based society.
Personal abilities and skills
- To function in contexts in which there is little specific information.
- Find the key questions that must be answered to solve a complex problem.
- Design, create, develop, and undertake new and innovative projects in their field of knowledge.
- Work both in a team and independently in an international or multidisciplinary context.
- Integrate knowledge, deal with complexity, and make judgments with limited information.
- The criticism and intellectual defense of solutions.