Doctorate in Materials Science
Universidade Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
EUR 200 / per year
Earliest start date
The Doctoral Program in Materials Sciences arises with the aim of providing the industrial and R & D & I sector with highly qualified professionals in this emerging and interdisciplinary area capable of solving the problems that are formulated in the new and increasingly economically important fields of electronic materials, functional materials, biomaterials and nanomaterials.
The Program aims to cover the need for specialists in Materials Science researchers who can exercise their research role in the field of design, characterization and application of new materials, or in the search for new applications of existing materials, and allow the transfer and putting into service of the knowledge generated to society.
Lines of investigation
- Ceramics and industrial materials
- Study of nanostructured materials using theoretical models and computer simulation techniques
- Theoretical, experimental and computational study of soft materials and characterization of their physical-chemical and structural properties (simple liquids, complex charged fluids...)
- Physics of solid and liquid surfaces. Physical properties, friction and wear
- Design and characterization of nanostructured materials and nanocomposites for biomedical, catalytic and electro-optical applications
- Supramolecular self-assembled systems: Obtaining, characterization, properties and applications
- Correlated electronic systems: superconductivity and spintronics