PhD in Chemical Science and Technology
Universidade Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
EUR 200 / per year
Earliest start date
An interdisciplinary Chemistry program, which allows the formation of specialized doctors in the many fields of work that Chemistry covers, as a result of the offer of a wide and diverse range of research lines and a, also wide and diverse, panel of directors.
The Doctoral Program in Chemical Science and Technology is a program with a broad scientific spectrum, which includes professors and lines of research from all the Departments of Chemistry of the University of Santiago and that of Vigo: Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry Inorganic and Organic Chemistry.
Lines of investigation
- Separation Science and Chromatography
- Materials Science: Structure and Functionality
- Structure and chemical reactivity
- Biological and medicinal chemistry
- Coordination and organometallic chemistry
- Synthesis and catalysis
- Data processing and chemometrics
The degrees that give access to this Doctoral Program without training complements are the following:
- In general terms, any official master's degree in Chemistry, taking as a reference those in which the Faculties of Chemistry of the University of Santiago and the University of Vigo are involved (Master in Chemical Research and Industrial Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modeling, Colloids and Interfaces).
- Students with a DEA degree obtained through the Doctoral Program in Chemistry and the Doctoral Program in Organic Chemistry of the USC, as well as the Doctoral Program in Chemistry: Fundamentals and Applications of the University of Vigo.
- Students with a DEA degree academically similar to those in the doctoral programs in the previous section.
- Recent advances in chemistry E1031A01
- Stay in another research center E1031A02
- Doctoral scientific conferences E1031A03
- Writing and presentation of scientific results in the chemical field E1031A04
- Publication of scientific articles E1031A05
- Attendance at conferences and scientific meetings E1031A06
- Training in teaching activities E1031A07
- In-depth analysis of analytical chemistry P1201101
- In-depth physical chemistry P1201102
- In-depth study of inorganic chemistry P1201103
- Deepening in organic chemistry P1201104
- Advanced Structural Analysis P1201105
In the case of other types of profiles different from the previous ones, the Academic Committee will evaluate each case individually, in order to decide if additional training should be required (a maximum of up to 15 ECTS), indicating the specific subjects that must be taken. (maximum three).
In the case of students who did not complete a master's degree, an equivalence of training in research credits at least equal to those of the master's degrees that give access will be required, amounting to at least 60 ECTS.
It is a Doctoral Program with a broad scientific spectrum, which includes professors and lines of research from all the Chemistry departments of Santiago and Vigo: Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. It constitutes, therefore, an interdisciplinary Chemistry program, which allows the training of specialized doctors in the numerous fields of work that Chemistry covers, as a result of the offer of a wide and diverse range of lines of research and an equally broad panel of directors. and diverse.