PhD in Psychological Development, Learning and Health
Universidade Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
EUR 200 / per year
Earliest start date
This doctoral program is interuniversity in nature and involves researchers from the universities of A Coruña and Santiago de Compostela. Researchers from the universities of Barcelona, Oviedo and Valencia, as well as the Matia Gerontological Institute (INGEMA) are also integrated into their teams.
The program welcomes more than 30 researchers and is structured around two lines of research:
- Line A "Research in Developmental and Educational Psychology"
- Line B "Health psychology"
The fundamental objective of the program is to develop investigative competencies in the fields related to two lines of research that are proposed and the teams that make them up (ie management of databases and documentary review, planning and implementation of experimental designs, psychological evaluation and information gathering, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, writing and defense of scientific reports and multidisciplinary teamwork in national and international groups).
Line A brings together five research teams that focus their research activity on:
- Language acquisition and assessment and intervention in their disorders
- The improvement of learning processes, the evaluation of their difficulties and the psychological intervention in specific educational needs that derive from them
- The factors that condition psychosocial development and academic performance in emerging adulthood or youth and the prevention of imbalances in this period
- Evaluation and intervention in cognitive and functional impairment in aging and dementias, particularly Alzheimer's.
Line B is made up of researchers from areas of knowledge of Methodology of the behavioral sciences; Personality, evaluation and psychological treatments; Psychobiology; Basic psychology; and Social Psychology. These researchers develop their activity, among others, in the fields of social movements, the neuropsychological effects of toxins, the analysis of social movements and risk behaviors, environmental psychology and family therapy.
Lines of investigation
- Psychosocial development and academic performance in emerging adulthood
- Language Development: Acquisition and Disorders
- Psychological research in aging and dementia
- Research on academic learning and its difficulties in educational contexts
- Learning difficulties and specific educational needs
- Health Psychology