Ph.D. in Geosciences – Geography
University of Novi Sad
Novi Sad, Serbia
Earliest start date
The purpose of the PhD in Geosciences (Geography) study programme is the development of science and education of professionals competent to do original and independent research and develop new technologies and procedures, thus contributing to the advancement of society in general, as well as to critically assess research of others in the field of Geosciences, i.e. Geography. Purpose of the study programme is in line with the mission and goals of the Faculty of Sciences, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management and Geography in narrow terms.
By completing this study programme, students acquire the following course-specific skills:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the discipline within the field of Geography;
- Problem solving by using scientific methods and procedures;
- Integrating fundamental knowledge in various disciplines and its application;
- Following and application of novelties in profession;
- Developing skills and proficiency in applying knowledge in a certain field;
Using ICT in mastering knowledge on geographic layer and its spheres (lithosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, pedosphere, sociosphere), which are interrelated and mutually interactive.