Ed.D. in Organization and Leadership
University of San Francisco - School of Education
San Francisco, USA
Full time, Part time
USD 1,270 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* per unit.
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
Preparing leaders who serve schools, community and social agencies, government, and non-profit institutions in a regional and international world.
The Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Organization and Leadership is a unique program for working professionals who see themselves as educational leaders transforming their organizations through a learning perspective.
The Organization and Leadership (O&L) Doctoral program is comprised of 60 credits of study beyond the master's degree and culminates in the completion of a doctoral dissertation.
To meet the needs of working professionals, the program follows a schedule of alternate weekend classes that convene nine times a semester (Friday evenings and all day Saturdays).
“The size and structure of the program were appealing to me, a working professional and parent, and I was intrigued by the opportunities that existed to form strong bonds and work closely with my peers and instructors. I can confidently say that my greatest expectations were fulfilled. I had the opportunity to travel abroad, participate in experiential learning, establish close relationships, and work with dedicated and phenomenally talented professors and incredibly motivated scholars.” - Demerris R. Brooks-Immel, O&L Ed.D. Alumna
The Organization and Leadership Program Learning Outcomes:
- The program brings before students a continuum of new knowledge and understanding that reflects current theories, research, and innovative practices.
- The program equips students to apply the principles of leadership theory in a broad range of settings to effectively lead individuals and organizations to success.
- The program equips students to select, implement, and manage appropriate leadership methodologies to meet individual, group, and organizational needs in K-12 through higher education, for-profit, and nonprofit settings.
- The program equips students to utilize and conduct research to evaluate and improve organizational processes.
- Create leaders who are able to critically examine organizations in order to promote equitable outcomes.
- Foster advocacy for social justice with a consciousness around the experiences and challenges facing historically underrepresented groups.
- Understand and apply research to problems of practice.
- Develop leaders who are self-reflective of their practice and its implications for social justice and equity.
The Organizational and Leadership Program Student Learning Outcomes:
- Graduates will have acquired the knowledge, understanding, tools, and skills necessary to assume leadership roles in organizations at the local, state, national and international levels.
- Graduates will have an understanding of research methods and demonstrate competencies to engage in rigorous scholarship.
- Graduates will be able to relate theory to practice and demonstrate synthesis of advanced knowledge by improving organizations.
- Graduates will have adopted habits of personal and scholarly reflections that examine professional practice and lead to systemic renewal.
Graduates of the O&L doctoral program are educators who work in leadership, management, research, and all levels of teaching in the fields of education, business, health, government, consulting, and profit and non-profit settings.
EXAMPLES OF CAREER OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Higher Education Administration
- University Professor
- Management Consultant
- Applied Researcher
Program Tuition Fee
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.