PhD in Language Sciences Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
- The 3rd cycle of studies leading to the PhD in Language Sciences has as main objective the reinforcement of the production capacity and internationalization of knowledge through the carrying out of original research, in a fundamental or applied perspective, and aims at providing candidates with competencies which enable them to develop original and independent research and the ability to transmit it.
- The course aims at the development of competences compatible with the internationally recommended standards for the 3rd cycle of Higher Education in the European space, summarized in the following points:
- Ability to systematically understand the scientific domain of Language Sciences;
- Skills, aptitudes and research methods associated with the scientific field;
- Ability to design, design, adapt and carry out a meaningful investigation respecting the requirements imposed by the standards of academic quality and integrity;
- To carry out a significant set of original research work that contributes to the extension of knowledge frontiers, part of which deserves national or international dissemination in publications with peer evaluation.
Day, in Tutorial Orientation (OT), according to the availability of students and teachers.
Minimum admission requirements for the course are:
- That the candidate is holder of the degree of master in the area of Sciences of the Language;
- Alternatively, the candidate holds a master's degree in another area of the Humanities, as long as he holds a relevant professional / academic curriculum;
- That the candidate holds the degree of licenciado, holder of a particularly relevant academic or scientific curriculum that is recognized as attesting capacity for the accomplishment of this cycle of studies by the Scientific Council of the School of Human and Social Sciences;
- That the candidate holds a school, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting capacity for the accomplishment of this cycle of studies by the Scientific Council of the School of Human and Social Sciences.