Universidad de La Sabana is a young private Colombian university, founded in 1979, that has achieved a reputation for academic excellence as well as for innovation, technology, and internationalization. La Sabana also holds the National High-Quality Accreditation awarded by Colombia’s Ministry of Education, being the youngest university in Colombia with an 8-year reaccreditation.
Our long-term commitment to continuous improvement is based on the University’s seven strategic priorities:
Universidad de La Sabana, Colombia from Universidad de La Sabana on Vimeo.
Universidad de La Sabana, a higher-education civilian institution, ensures that professors, students and other members of the university cloister are freely committed to seeking, discovering, communicating and preserving the truth in all fields of knowledge, in unity of life and with coherence of thought, words and actions, based on a Christian conception of man and the world, as a way to contribute to the progress of society.
It promotes respect for the transcendent dignity of the human person and, in an environment of responsible freedom, it promotes an integral perfection of all members of the academic community, with personalized attention and a creative, rigorous and interdisciplinary academic exercise.
In addition, it encourages to do and experience work as service, and a means to build a just, peaceful and supportive society.
The university relates to all sectors of society and contributes with legitimate solutions to its multiple and complex problems through interdisciplinary, competent and supportive work. This work is the result of the joint action of research and teaching, which focus on common good, coexistence, and cooperation among men-without any discrimination-and on the unconditional recognition of human life, of the person and of the family in society.
The university plans its future taking into consideration two starting points: its internal reality and the external forces that gravitate in the present.. This future is one that formulates and affirms its Mission and expresses its aims and aspirations in the medium and long term, as well as the way it expects to be recognized.
From this perspective:
- We want to make Universidad de La Sabana a center of superior, first-rate knowledge, serving the person, the family, and the society. We want to "educate men of knowledge with a Christian sense of life." In this enabling environment for serene reflection, we want to cultivate science which is rooted in the most solid principles, and we want the light to be projected onto all fields of knowledge"*. To achieve this level of quality, we must employ the most suitable personnel, offer them the means to continue their training and acquire the technical and economic resources that will allow us to carry out our mission.
- We want a university that is open to anyone who wishes professional competence training; a person who is capable of stimulating the creation of a more just and humane society through their work, valuing judgment righteousness, life coherence and willingness to serve.
- We want a university that deeply values the person, their needs and their development aspirations, in every aspect.
- We also want a university whose academic community members are all committed to its mission and purposes.
- We want a university that focuses on its professors, promoting humanistic, scientific, technical and artistic pedagogical training and research. Also, we want professors who enjoy continuing opportunities for their development and improvement.
- We want a university whose professors and employees all find opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the necessary means to a dignified and comfortable life for themselves and their families.
- We want a university with highly capable students, convinced of their academic project, with a critical thinking and a mature and responsible perspective of life.
- We want a university that is open to all people who fulfill the requirements to access higher education at the level at which it is taught at the University, regardless of their financial situation.
- We want a university that, while conscious of the conditions and the reality in which it is inserted, becomes a permanent and valid interlocutor before the academic and scientific community and before the different sectors of society and culture; a university that promotes cooperation for the development of projects and joint programs and for the exchange of talents and resources.
- We want a university that serves as a beacon of light, enlightening and broadcasting a highly structured way of thinking in all fields of knowledge, from a Christian perspective.
- We want a university whose commitment to the development of knowledge contributes to solutions to major problems and to respond to society’s new demands and needs.
- We want a university that is open to spreading knowledge, and ready to give the best opportunities and to make education a permanent and flexible process.
*Beato Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer, La Universidad. Foco cultural de primer orden, 25 X 1960.Naassom Azevedo / Unsplash