Research Excellence across Management, Social Science & Computing
A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is known internationally for its world-class research and distinguished teaching. It generates leading-edge research with global impact, and aims to produce broad-based, creative and entrepreneurial leaders. Home to over 8,300 undergraduate and postgraduate students, SMU is known for its interactive and technologically-enabled pedagogy of seminar-style teaching in small class sizes. The university comprises six schools – School of Accountancy, Lee Kong Chian School of Business, School of Economics, School of Information Systems, School of Law and School of Social Sciences – offering a wide range of Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degree programmes in various disciplines.
SMU offers four PhD programmes:
- PhD in Business, with specialisations in:
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour & Human Resources
- Strategic Management & Organisation
- PhD in Economics
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Information Systems (computing as well as management)
Please visit our homepage for more information.
Benefits of Pursuing the SMU PhD
- SMU prepares our PhD students to become world-class academic or industry thought leaders in their specialised or interdisciplinary fields by providing opportunities for deeper integration across management, social science and computing. Our students are well equipped to create or generate impactful and real-world solutions.
- There are also many opportunities for our PhD students to participate in research and teaching teams at the schools as well as SMU research centres and institutes comprising internationally-known faculty members who are experts in their specialised fields.
- Over and above academic training, SMU PhD students also participate in professional development activities (such as presentation and teaching skills training). This training is useful to them during their PhD studies as well as after they graduate.
- Being in a city campus, PhD students have easy access to industry partners who provide research data and validation platforms as well as SMU’s research facilities which include proprietary and published databases.
- SMU provides our PhD students with scholarships that cover tuition fees and provide living stipends as well as provides generous conference funding for students to share their research contributions with the international research community.
- Our PhD graduates have found good placements at prestigious academic institutions and industry organisations.
This school offers programs in: