Raritan Community College is located in the suburban community of Branchburg, New Jersey, an hour’s drive from New York City. RVCC has been ranked the best community college in New Jersey by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com, Schools.com, and Niche.com. Students from more than 30 different countries are enrolled at RVCC on F1 visas.
The RVCC Advantage
Personalized Attention: Step into a classroom and you’ll feel like you belong. Unlike at larger colleges and universities where you’re just a number in a large lecture hall taught by a teaching assistant, at RVCC our classes average only 18 students and are taught by the professors themselves.
Accomplished Faculty: Our faculty members are passionate about teaching and helping you succeed in the classroom and in life. The faculty are at the forefront of developments in their field and include critically acclaimed authors, Fulbright Scholars, Princeton mid-Career Fellows, award-winning artists, and highly regarded scholars who have presented at international conferences. Close to half hold doctorates or the highest degree in their field.
Scholarship Opportunities: International students are among the recipients of College scholarships. Every year the College awards $300,000 in scholarships to students based on academic achievement and financial need. Our innovative Galileo Scholarship provides faculty mentors and internship opportunities, as well as financial support, for students majoring in science, math, engineering or technology.
Vibrant, Diverse Student Life: At RVCC you’ll be part of a tight-knit community filled with a world of experiences – both social and intellectual. We have more than 50 clubs and organizations and nine athletic teams. From lecture series to student performances, to life-changing community service opportunities, to clubs and organizations of all skills and interests, the student experience at RVCC is boundless.
Leadership Opportunities: RVCC offers numerous ways for you to hone your leadership skills. Consider joining the Student Government Association, representing the College as a Student Ambassador, or becoming an officer in a student club or leader of an athletics team. RVCC recently became a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success, the largest leadership honor society in the country.
National Honors: RVCC has received national recognition for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, diversity initiatives, and innovative teaching. RVCC has been honored five times with the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, the oldest and largest diversity-focused publication in higher education.
Honors College: Are you a high achieving student looking for a challenging college experience? Our Honors College is an excellent way to enrich your academic experience and open up greater opportunities to continue your studies at a prestigious four-year college or university. As an Honors College student, you can take advantage of smaller, seminar-style courses with an interdisciplinary focus. You’ll establish close working relationships with your professors and advisors.
Great Transfer Opportunities After Graduation: Start your college education at RVCC and transfer anywhere – in New Jersey, across the country, or even Europe. We have more than 90 agreements to make it easy for you to transfer with full junior status to top colleges and universities. Our graduates have transferred to such prestigious schools as New York University, Howard University, University of Pennsylvania, Cornell University, Georgetown University, Syracuse University, and Rutgers University.
StockSnap / Pixabay
International Student Assistance
The Office of International Student Services assists international students in all matters related to their life at RVCC, including orientation to life on campus and beyond our campus. The office also helps to familiarize international students with American culture in general. Orientation is held prior to the start of the Fall and Spring Semesters.
The office specializes in immigration assistance. Students meet individually with advisors for assistance with U.S. immigration regulations, as well as academic, cultural, financial, and personal adjustment. The office serves as a liaison with foreign consular offices, U.S. government agencies/departments, and college offices.
- Public, two-year college, coeducational.
- No student housing on campus.
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Enrollment: 7400 students, 59% full-time.
- A small-town, safe suburban setting within an hour’s drive of New York City, the New Jersey coastline and the Delaware Water Gap.
- Degrees Offered: Associate of Arts; Associate of Science; Associate of Fine Arts; Associate of Applied Science.
- English as a Second Language Pathway program following admissions to a degree program. Includes advanced instruction for grammar, writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Admissions Requirement: High school diploma or equivalency.
- TOEFL Requirements: 65 on iBT exam or IELTS British Council exam with minimum band score = 5.5.
- Tuition & Fees (2109-2020 Academic Year): $7000.
- Estimated Living Expenses: $12,000.
- Academic 15-Week Semesters: Fall starting late August; Spring starting mid-January.
- Average Class Size: 18 students.
- All faculty have master’s degrees; close to 50% have a doctorate or most advanced degree in their field.
- Popular Majors: Liberal Arts, Business, Criminal Justice & Engineering.
- The College is located on a 240-acre site in Branchburg, Somerset County, New Jersey. In addition to classrooms and laboratories, the campus houses a student center, theatre, library, swimming pool, gymnasium, fitness center, planetarium, observatory, cafeteria, an academic support center, and a workforce training center.
International Student Admissions Requirements
- Obtain an I-20 form from the College prior to applying for an F1 student visa.
- Submit hard copy application for admission along with all supporting documentation. There is a nonrefundable application fee of $225.
- Submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, with a minimum score of TOEFL Internet - 65; TOEFL paper - 513; IELTS - 5.5.
- Submit all necessary application documentation prior to international student application deadlines.
RVCC is located in bucolic Branchburg in Somerset County surrounded by beautiful landscapes, pristine parks, farmland, world-renowned gardens, championship golf courses, and equestrian facilities, and unique downtowns. Within an hour’s drive or train ride, you can enjoy all New York City and Philadelphia have to offer. The beauty of the Delaware Water Gap and New Jersey’s famous beaches are only an hour away.
Somerset County is home to global life sciences firms, as well as thriving start-up businesses that are on the cutting edge of new technologies.
Taught in English.
- Associate of Science
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Information Systems & Technology
- Pre-Medicine & Pre-Pharmacy
- Associate of Arts
- Communication Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Associate of Fine Arts
- Graphic & Interactive Design
08876 Branchburg, New Jersey, USA