The Faculty of Engineering at Nottingham is known for its world-class research, inspirational teaching, and diverse academic community.
By joining us at Nottingham, you will be part of a community of students from more than 150 different countries from around the world.
- 3rd in the UK for research power under REF 2014, the British Government’s Research Excellence Framework
- More than 98% of engineering research is of international quality, with 85% graded as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2014)
- A UK Top 10 Engineering Faculty: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017
- Nottingham is ranked in the UK top 10 for Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering (QS World Rankings 2017)
You’ll find the faculty is a friendly and supportive working environment. You’ll work alongside creative and inspirational people who are eager to share their experiences.
We are committed to supporting talented people and to developing partnerships with industry, funding bodies and government agencies, in order to create a positive environment where discovery, scholarship, innovation, commercial exploitation and public engagement thrive. The faculty is involved in hundreds of live research projects and works closely with industry. Our practical focus and approach can help equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to move into postgraduate research or pursue a career in engineering anywhere in the world.
By studying at Nottingham you will:
- Develop high-end marketable skills
- Be taught by exceptional and highly cited academic staff, often world-leaders in their field
- Be part of a global postgraduate community with a network of international campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia
- Graduate with an internationally recognised and valued qualification
You will be taught by academics who are passionate about their areas of expertise and committed to developing the next generation future engineers, architects and researchers. As a postgraduate student in the faculty, you will have access to an impressive suite of facilities and resources to support activity across a variety of specialisms.
Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies, and many of our research projects are multidisciplinary in nature, bringing together a diverse range of specialists from across the University, research institutions, industry partners and government departments to develop novel solutions for challenging global issues.
In 2012 we opened the Institute for Aerospace Technology (IAT), which hosts the Marie Curie Innovative Doctoral Programme focused on delivering a blueprint for tomorrow’s air transport. Our Creative Energy Homes is a seven-house development which provides a living test-site for leading firms to work with the University to investigate the integration of energy efficient technologies into buildings.
Our research strengths include composite materials, additive manufacturing and 3D printing, energy, sustainability, and aerospace. We have one of the largest power electronics research groups and one of the largest additive manufacturing research groups in the world.
The University of Nottingham
- Awarded a Gold rating for our outstanding teaching in the UK’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017
- One of the most targeted universities in the UK by graduate employers (Number 1 most targeted university (The Graduate Market in 2014) and second most targeted university (The Graduate Market in 2015 and 2016) – High Fliers Research)
- Named the University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
The University of Nottingham's Centre for English Language Education (CELE) provides high quality academic English and study skills preparation and support before and during students’ studies.
This school offers programs in: